Job Description: Payroll Assistant
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; Time-Keeping information may include employees hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in payroll preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time