Accounts Receivable is responsible for managing the payments of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are reviewed, accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payments of goods and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Typical accounts receivable's duties and responsibilities include things like:
- Performing general bookkeeping duties, like invoicing clients, recording cash receipts, making deposits at the bank, reconciling accounts, and updating accounting software logs
- Auditing ledgers periodically to ensure that the invoice numbers and billing addresses are accurate
- Handling any special billing situations
- Maintaining accurate accounting ledgers that are in line with best practices
- Following up with past-due accounts for collections
- Keeping management and executives informed of any issues
- Answering any billing questions that clients might have
- Receiving and handling invoicing and billing-related mail
- Communicating with other department heads regularly
- Addressing any billing discrepancies
- Generating financial reports and statements that detail the status of accounts receivable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have basic accounting math skills
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of QuickBooks
- Good analytical skills, efficiency and must be budget-conscious
- Ability to multi-task
- Must possess confidence and ability to question any discrepancies or unusual activity
- Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with staff and all levels of management
- Committed to purpose, and company goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree – preferred but not required
- Computer literacy to include a working knowledge of standard business applications (MS Outlook, Word, and Excel), in a Windows environment.
- Must have recent experience with QuickBooks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.