Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for managing the payments of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are reviewed, accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payments of goods and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Daily: Review/verify invoices, download/scan same-received by mail, email, fax or vendor website. Enter invoices into QuickBooks (QB).
- Dailey: Review help desk tickets for cleaning supplies orders-enter vendor orders as received (i.e.. Staples).
- Daily: 2-3 times weekly: schedule credit card and echeck payments for payables.
- Monthly: Provide monthly payables list to Executive VP Operations for checks
- Monthly: Enter credit card statements- all charges classed/split by type and location.
- Monthly: Review and verify refund check requests (regular refunds and property damage). Enter refund bills into QB. Notify Executive VP Operations and Corporate Operations/Customer Service when checks are ready to cut. Include batch totals for positive pay transfer.
- Quarterly: Review note adjustments A/P aging summary, send back to required personnel.
- Quarterly: Send quarterly message to all managers to submit help desk tickers for office supplies. Enter all orders and notify Executive VP-Operations when ready for approval. Update store supplies budgets once orders are approved.
- Annually: Review note adjustments A/P for year-end closeout
- Annually: Review and enter bills for filing fee checks and prepare for mailing all state tax returns.
- Annually: complete form 8300 Filings and submit to required agency
- Prepares/submits credit card permit applications, payment authorization forms
- Other duties assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have basic accounting math skills
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of QuickBooks
- Good analytical skills, efficiency and must be budget conscious
- Ability to multi-task
- Must possess confidence and ability to question any discrepancies or unusual activity
- Motivated and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with staff and all levels of management
- Committed to purpose, and company goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree – preferred but not required
- Computer literacy to include a working knowledge of standard business applications (MS Outlook, Word and Excel), in a Windows environment.
- Must have recent experience with QuickBooks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.